The initial prototype for the iGeigie was created by Pieter Franken in Tokyo as a simple personal project. The entire iGeigie project was launched following the reaction and interest in this device.
This device featured:
- Glass Geiger Tube can detect beta and gamma radiation
- Runs on mophie juice pack
- iGeiger app computes Counts Per Minute (CPM)
- Breadboard architecture allows for continueing upgrades and improvements
- Interface with iPhone through line-in interface
- Ability to call the iGeigie and listen to clicks